I too have had devices that will charge using USB-C to USB-A cable and AC adapter, but not USB-C to USB-C. To power up or power down the speakerphone, I needed to hold the Power button for two seconds. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Interestingly when using the speakerphone with my iPad and listening to YouTube videos, there was no audio lag. Time limit is exhausted. We are also very active on the big social networks across the internet. display: none !important; There is an LED status light ring surrounding the control panel. It has a handy travel case and is small enough to take with you everywhere. There is an LED status light ring surrounding the control panel. That’s easily covered with the six microphone system. Thank you for visiting DroidHorizon. Tired of people being unable to understand you when you're talking? To use the app, you need to create an account by providing your email address and entering a password; after which, they send you an email that contains a link that you need to click on to activate your account. Also, on a few occasions, I could hear background noise when people were speaking. REVIEW – In recent months, I have been making Zoom calls to keep in touch with people – something I’ve never had to do before. The edge of this area also lights up to indicate call status. Full review here . As I powered it up, the status light ring that encircles the speakerphone’s control panel on the top of the device lit up blue in a clockwise fashion. For me, it was the better option although I have recommended PowerConf to a few other people. Both the Anker and Jabra 510 are amazingly practical speakerphones. Lights up green when short pressing on the power button to check the battery level. The result is superb voice clarity on both sides of the call. Partially lights up green when receiving a call. – In recent months, I have been making Zoom calls to keep in touch with people – something I’ve never had to do before. When paired with our iPad, it was easily able to pick up the two voices in the room (it can detect up to eight voices in a room, according to the documentation) from a distance of 13.5 ft. away from the speakerphone (Anker states that it will detect voices within a 5 m radius).  =  For instance, there was a slight lag between the live video and audio when using it with our iPad but not our Android phones or laptop. I decided that since I will be doing more Zoom calls in the future, it was time to get a speakerphone. When working from home, it’s great not having to constantly wear a headset during long business calls. The PowerConf contains a speaker as well as six microphones around its perimeter. Kathleen has always enjoyed technology and the sciences (biology and entomology). In the end though, I wanted something with more features, so I returned the PowerConf and bought an Apple HomePod on sale for $200. Don't subscribe Furthermore, it allows you 24 hours of talk time because of its massive 6700 mAh battery, and the battery will allow you to charge your devices in a pinch. setTimeout( 1 Whereas, if I used my phone’s microphone, I had to be in a position to speak in the microphone’s direction, especially when the phone was lying flat on a surface. But after pairing them with the PowerConf’s speaker, the person on the other end of the call was coherent and unmuffled. When using only our phones’ speakerphones, callers often sound terrible. Anker recommends this for groups of up to eight people. The industrial design of the PowerConf is superb. Our Verdict. I had trouble with consistent volume on the unit. It is strange to me as well that both don’t work. −  Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone with 6 Microphones, Enhanced Voice Pickup, 24H Call Time, Bluetooth 5, USB C, Bluetooth Conference Speaker Compatible with Leading Platforms, For Home … Connectivity: Bluetooth wireless connector + USB-C, Power Charge Out: 1 x USB Type-A, 5V/2.1A output. It seemed to initially work well when paired with my iPad 7th gen (2019), my Pixel 2 XL phone, and my Lenovo laptop, probably because we were testing for only a short time, and we were all sensitive to the fact that we were speaking into the speakerphone. My laptop’s speakers and microphone are not the best, and once while on a Zoom call, the person I was talking to told me that I sounded like I was speaking through a tin can. I ask because there are quite a few devices out there that have a USB-C port – but will only charge via a USB-C to USB-A cable. April 22, 2020 By Techno_Mark Leave a Comment. })(120000); Overall, the Anker PowerConf gave me better performance and ergonomics than I would get with my phone's built-in speakerphone. And it did a decent job of canceling out the ambient noise which we tested inside the house using a vacuum cleaner and outside the house where there was traffic noise. The reason to use a speakerphone is to improve the microphone and speaker functionality of your current devices so that everyone involved in a conference call can hear everyone else. As an added perk, the PowerConf is portable, offering up to 24 hours of call time via its 6,700-mAh rechargeable battery. notice.style.display = "block"; Furthermore, there were no audio delays in video calls. It’s also small and portable and comes with a handy travel case that allows you to take it with you everywhere. There was no lag between the audio and video on a Zoom call. Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone Review. Additionally, I noticed a few times that the touch panel controls sometimes needed a couple of taps to respond, and the speakerphone had some minor audio lag issues when doing a live Zoom call on our iPad. Anker PowerConf is a new Bluetooth speakerphone that’s ideal for your home office. It does this by connecting to a phone, tablet, laptop, or computer via Bluetooth or USB cable. Next, I wanted to determine the quality of the PowerConf speaker and microphones. At nearly 25 percent off, this Anker PowerConf Speakerphone is a great solution if you’re working from home and hate wearing headphones for calls. eight I passed on the PowerConf and iPad to a group of people that I was going to be Zooming with. Partially lights up blue in the area where a microphone detects a voice. You can even use the speaker to listen to music. Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone with 6 Microphones, Enhanced Voice Pickup, 24H Call Time, Bluetooth 5, USB C, Bluetooth Conference Speaker Compatible with Leading Platforms, For Home Office ... Write a product review… And on a rare occasion, you could hear some background noise even while people were speaking into the speakerphone’s microphones. What is in the box: Travel case, Speakerphone, USB c to USB A charging cable, User manaul. I wish there weren’t any audio-lag issues when paired with iOS devices. The Anker speakerphone worked well and picked up voices in the room from many feet away, and the audio sounded excellent on the PowerConf speaker. However here, the convenient location of the controls makes this process quick and easy. For comparison, when I turned off the PowerConf to use the iPad’s microphones, I found that the iPad was able to pick up the voices almost as well as the Anker speakerphone. Please reload CAPTCHA. When it works, it’s wonderful – you just have to remember to keep your voice at a normal volume level at all times (you don’t have to scream at the speakerphone). The battery charges in about four hours, according to the documentation. he touch panel controls sometimes needed a couple of taps to respond, and the speakerphone had some minor audio lag issues when doing a live Zoom call on our iPad. The Soundcore Motion+ is a powerful Bluetooth speaker in an unassuming package. Again you can see two of the microphones on the corners of the device as well. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Anker PowerConf S3 Bluetooth Speakerphone with 6 Mics, Enhanced Voice Pickup, 24H Call Time, App Control, Bluetooth 5, USB C, Conference Speaker … It made each person sound almost as equally loud and clear as the others when they were at varying distances (up to 5 m) while also canceling out ambient noises most of the time. This Anker PowerConf … Overall Anker’s PowerConf speakerphone delivers excellent call quality and battery life in a convenient, portable design with premium build materials. The Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone looked like it would fit the bill. Gregg – I completely understand why you asked your question. I also heard digital audio distortion when people with lower voices were speaking quietly. Callers sound much clearer when listened to through the PowerConf speaker. Physical power and Bluetooth pairing buttons are located on the front edge of the speakerphone, while the ports are at the back – USB-C for power/data, 3.5mm audio out and a full sized USB Type-A power bank port allowing you to use the internal 6,700mAh battery to charge your other devices. The microphones detect up to eight voices in a room within a 5 m radius of the speakerphone so that the caller can hear everyone clearly and vise versa. The top of the speakerphone has a reasonably responsive control touch panel. The largely brushed metal construction gives the speakerphone a sturdy, premium feeling and we were very impressed with the overall build quality. The following are the s. Lights up white for two seconds when connected to a computer via USB cable. I know it’s more expensive, but the sound- in both directions- was a lot clearer. And good news! When the speakerphone is paired with a device, the Bluetooth LED light no longer flashes but maintains a steady blue illumination. 360° Voice Pickup: 6 built-in microphones offer full 360° coverage in huddle rooms for up to 8 people. Required fields are marked *, You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
, (function( timeout ) { While you’re on mute this changes to a ring of red to help avoid those notorious “oops, I was talking while on mute” mishaps. As confirmation that your voice has been picked up, the top panel’s LED edging automatically lights up blue towards the same direction that the speech was detected. While casual users may feel the current asking price of £99.99 / $129.99 a little steep, it should represent terrific value to its intended business audience. I did, however, see noticeable improvement when listening to the caller through the PowerConf’s speaker. The speakerphone has a 6700 mAh battery that allows you 24 hours of talk time or allows you to charge your devices. While using this setup, I did notice that there was a slight delay in the audio when doing a live video call. It also happened when those with lower voices were speaking quietly. Time limit is exhausted. Required fields are marked *. Gone are the issues of people always missing portions of the conversations or someone in the internal group not being heard. It’s also good to know that you had success using the PowerConf as well. Her continued interest in technology led her to join the Gadgeteer team in 2014. Custom DSP Algorithm: Enhances voice pickup with real-time echo cancellation, de-reverberation, and ambient noise suppression. It offers smart voice enhancement, 360° pickup (using no less than 6 microphones), direct USB-C connection to your computer and a large internal battery for up to 24 hours of wireless talk time. Also, on a few occasions, I could hear background noise when people were speaking. Anker PowerConf review Anker surprised me recently with its announcement of a Bluetooth-powered speaker which revolves around conference calls. All With a design reminiscent of a UFO mothership, the Anker PowerConf is a useful tool for a business or home office setup where Skype group meetings are part of the schedule! However, if you are a … It cancels out ambient noise most of the time. To pair it, you must go into your phone, tablet, laptop’s Bluetooth settings, and under the devices found, tap on the Anker PowerConf. Source: The sample of this product was provided by Anker. When this happened, I could hear some digital distortion of the audio. If you spend a lot of time in conference calls, or you make a lot of calls on your phone, then you need the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone. However, after further testing, I found that when people were speaking normally and forgot that they were talking to a caller, their voices trailed off when ending their sentences. Today, I am going to do a product review of a product that everyone needs now, a speakerphone, the PowerConf … In my initial tests of the speakerphone with my devices, I found that the speakerphone worked well. As their voices trailed off, I heard digital audio distortion. And once paired, it connects easily with the last device. After spending two weeks with the Anker PowerConf … The speaker grill dominates the top of the PowerConf, with a glass panel positioned at the centre. I thought that for $99, it worked extremely well. This panel has touch controls for play/pause, answer, mic mute and volume. It measures 5″ L x 5″ W x 1″ H, is made of metal, and has a good heft to it. Your email address will not be published. Pictar Home Studio Pro Kit review – iPhone photography as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, This mini ratchet toolset from Wera makes a great gift, Get a notification every time your mailbox opens using the Ring Mailbox Sensor, When is a donut not a donut? The back of the speakerphone shows the USB-A power-out port to charge your devices, the AUX audio-out port to connect to other speakers, and the USB-C power-input port to charge the speakerphone. However, this audio-lag issue has been a consistent problem that I have had with our iOS devices when pairing them to many kinds of Bluetooth speakers or headphones. Associate Editor and part of the team of gadget reviewers at DroidHorizon. Next, I used the PowerConf with our Android phones. Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone Omni-Directional Voice Pickup 6 microphones arranged in a 360° array pick up voices up anywhere in rooms for up to 8 people Smart Voice Enhancement A … Lights up red when muting the speakerphone. I really didn’t think there was really a problem that anyone was tasked to solve, but here we are. This is a question that is annoying but it has to be asked. The top of the speakerphone shows its speaker and touch control panel (starting from the top and going clockwise): The Answer Call/End Call button (long-pressing rejects a call), the Volume Up button, the Play/Pause button, the Volume Down button, and the Mute button (center). Dotted around the edge of this speakerphone are its 6 microphones that allow voices to get picked up anywhere in the room (of up to 8 people). .hide-if-no-js { The Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone is a device that improves the quality of your device’s microphone(s) and speaker(s) when conducting conference calls. The six-microphone array gives the PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone 360-degrees of listening, and when combined with the Anker's custom digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms, … Sometimes when you’re half asleep on business calls and you suddenly hear your name, there can be a scramble to find that mute control on some devices. Additionally, you can use it to charge your devices using the USB-A power-out port on the back of the speaker. Next, I tapped on the horizontal three dots located in the upper right of the app screen, and last, I selected “Update Firmware” to perform the update, as shown in the last screenshot above. Please reload CAPTCHA. }. My laptop’s speakers and microphone are not the best, and once while on a Zoom call, the person I was talking to told me that I sounded like I was speaking through a tin can. Since that Bluetooth AD2P profile is way too compressed due to Bluetooth bandwidth … Spending more time on video chat and conference calls? I think it’s ridiculous that any manufacturer would build a device with this limitation but apparently they frequently do so. There’s also a heft to the speaker that I appreciate which lends itself to a premium feel. Along with a USB Type C cable and instruction booklet, the PowerConf also comes with it’s own zipped carry case (handy for business trips). And the PowerConf speaker significantly improved the quality of the caller’s voice when compared to our phones’ or laptops’ speakers. While they were on a video call with me (I was using our Windows 10 laptop), the PowerConf’s microphones picked up all of their voices. Review: Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone Anker PowerConf is a new Bluetooth speakerphone that’s ideal for your home office. Balanced Volume: Even when each person is at different distances from PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone, it automatically adjusts the volume so that everyone’s voice sounds loud and clear. Universal Compatibility: Use with Skype, Google Hangout, Facetime, Zoom, WebEx, GotoMeeting, Chromebox, etc. While the iPad has decent speakers, the PowerConf’s speaker markedly improved the sound quality of the caller. I did not test this – I can be quite the chatterbox sometimes, but not for 24 hours straight! It offers smart voice enhancement, 360° pickup (using no less than 6 … You can pair the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone with phones, tablets, laptops, computers, etc. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone with 6 Microphones, Enhanced Voice Pickup, 24H Call Time, Bluetooth 5, USB C, Bluetooth Conference … Lights up blue clockwise or counterclockwise when turning on/off the speakerphone or when turning up/down the volume level. It works with video conferencing services like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc. Some of the other features of the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone are that it has a 6700 mAh battery, you can use the speakerphone to listen to music, and it has an auto power-off feature. Our recommendation about Anker PowerConf vs Jabra 510. Anyway, to answer your question, I just charged up the PowerConf using a USB-C to USB-C cable and AC adapter. The sole reason for using the PowerConf is to be able to hear a group of people clearly during video calls. Anker PowerConf is cheaper than the Jabra 510. So, we have been doing a lot of reviews of Anker products, and the last ones were for vacuum cleaners under their other name of Eufy. Instant Setup: Connect via Bluetooth or a USB-C cable without needing to install any drivers. Auto power-off only works when connected via Bluetooth and not USB. This speakerphone has proven itself during the COVID-19 lockdown. Replies to my comments If anyone is wondering it does not come with a USB power adapter. 1 Like Shenoy March 6, 2020, 2:03pm #5 Atop the device, you’ll find the main control pad for the PowerConf. A PowerConf has turned up on my desk for review and it’s slightly smaller … It seems to work well! The front of the speakerphone shows the Power LED light, the Power button, the Bluetooth button, and the Bluetooth LED light. I was able to listen to YouTube videos and use the PowerConf controls to pause or play them seamlessly. Reception was strong and even at a distance we encountered no dropouts. The PowerConf does have some perks. It might look fairly ordinary but its use of Anker's audio technology means this is a speaker … I would like it to better detect lower voices without digital distortion. The Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone is … Comes with a high quality padded travel case, 3 foot USB-C to USB-A cable and User Manual. It was especially helpful to know what alternative you used in place of the PowerConf. However, there were a few occasions where I had to touch the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons a few times to get it to adjust the volume level (NOTE: the Mute button on the speakerphone does not work with Zoom calls). It outperforms many of the clunky wired systems I’ve used and can easily b… The Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone looked like it would fit the bill. This review is based on my testing this product with 2020 Macbook air, Windows 10 and iphone 11 pro. Honestly, it might be one of the most well-designed devices Anker has ever sent my way. Here resides a d-pad style button layout for calls, volum… 5.5-inch square … to the caller through the PowerConf’s speaker. It eliminated background noise and made the caller sound excellent through the PowerConf speaker. Where to buy: Amazon So this device will charge using a USB-C to USB-A cable and AC adapter as well as USB-C to USB-C cable and AC adapter. Anker’s PowerConf is just such a device and its remarkably well built considering the relatively affordable price tag. Published: March 3, … Initially, I was impressed with the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone; but after further testing, I was a bit disappointed. Build quality is as usual for Anker very good, carry case with zipper is also good. Also been known to dabble in software development to pay the bills. Learn how your comment data is processed. Last, I used the PowerConf with my Lenovo laptop. Thus, I tested the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone with three of our devices: our iPad 7th gen 2019 tablet, my Pixel 2 XL phone, and my Lenovo laptop. But then upon further testing, its limitations became evident. When it’s a GoDonut, Acoustic Package: 1 x 1.75” full-range drivers. function() { Additionally, people who were far away from the speakerphone sounded almost as loud and clear as those who were close to it. }, The microphones were able to detect voices from a radius of at least 13.5 ft. away. Don’t expect PowerConf to double as a music speaker though – music understandably doesn’t sound the best due to the audio having been finely tuned for voice frequencies. It picked up voices well and the speaker was just OK. In those initial tests, the speakerphone’s six microphones detected voices in a 360-degree area around a room. And last, the PowerConf speakerphone has an auto power-off feature that is set by default to power off in 30 minutes when not in use; however, this can be changed in the Soundcore app. It has also proven useful when the kids call their grandparents – everyone can hear the conversation and there’s no need to pass the phone around. Built-in 6,700mAh Battery: PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone gives you 24 hours of call time and can charge your other devices. It's not quite as sleek as the PowerConf, nor does it come with a protective carrying case like that model does. How did I like the speakerphone? var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_45"); For computers that use Windows 7, 8, 10, and macOS. It measures 5″ L x 5″ W x 1″ H, is made of metal, and has a good heft to it. Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Conference Speakerphone 9.8 9.8/10 Buy the Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Conference Speakerphone Now The IOGEAR Kaliber Gaming Keyboard and … This was very disappointing. After I activated my account, I tapped on the speaker icon in the app homescreen and then scrolled down the screen to tap on the “More” section of the app, which is where I found my PowerConf device. This was my biggest takeaway from using the PowerConf: consistent.